Saturday, October 2, 2010

Today is Saturday

Today I went to the Korean dentist. On the walk there, two older Koreans stopped to say "Hello" in English, which was impressive considering their age. The man shook my hand and the woman said, "Welcome to Korea!" I don't often get older people acknowledging me other than to stare blankly at me, it's usually the children that talk to me on the street. The dentist charged me only $15 for a cleaning, what a deal! Right before the woman started cleaning, she put this paper towel with just a nose/mouth hole on my face. It was quite strange. Perhaps the Koreans don't like looking into your eyes as they clean your teeth. If I was claustrophobic I think I would have had a big problem with it. I really couldn't see anything! On the elevator leaving the dentist, a woman reached over and started fixing my collar! That would never happen in the US. She acted like it was totally normal to touch a complete stranger, let alone a foreigner! Oh Korea.
Megan gets married in one week! I'm so sad I can't be there, but I think we will set up Skype so I can say hello at the reception.
School is going well this semester, I'm definitely into the swing of things here.

No comments:

Post a Comment