Tuesday, November 9, 2010

To leave or not to leave

I am coming up on six months spent in Korea. I kind of want to stay past my year contract. But Europe for the summer is so incredibly tempting. So, I think I may compromise and stay until August instead of June. I got to thinking about leaving today and I felt overwhelmingly sad. I will miss my kids, I will miss my easy life in Korea. Plus, I'm making tons of extra money now, it's so hard to walk away from that. But I also need to get on with life in the US. I need to get back to school. While discussing my wanting to stay in Korea, my director told me I was getting "kind of old" and that I should go back to school before too long! Koreans are rather blunt, sometimes it's hurtful. I see what he means, and I can always come back, but it won't be the same. I think staying until August will satisfy me, and I can hopefully still spend the fall in Europe. How awesome does fall in Europe sound?? The crowds will be less, the weather will be cooler. Maybe this is the best idea I've ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment