Monday, December 20, 2010

It's been awhile



























I have been pretty busy working two jobs and having fun weekends!
Recently, I went to Goeje Island with my friend Woo. We went on a beautiful December day, there were no people so we were able to enjoy the beaches and scenery without too many tourists. The above photos are from the island, it was the most beautiful place I have seen so far.
We also went to a professional basketball game here in Changwon. It was just like an NBA game except only $7 for killer seats.
A few weeks ago I ate duck for the first time! It was absolutely delicious! I didnt know what I was missing out on. Its my new favorite food to eat at restaurants. Many places serve it here and it's reasonably priced, just another thing to love about Korea!
This weekend, I saw the Harry Potter movie. I didnt necessarily want to see it, but the friend I was with did, so I went along. I have never read a Harry Potter book nor seen an HP movie. But it was AWESOME. There were many things and places and names that I didnt understand, but it was nonstop action and I fell in love with all the characters. I guess all the people telling me for years that I would love it were right. I am going to start reading the books ASAP!
It's Christmastime now but I haven't felt too homesick. Christmas isnt a big deal in Korea, plus the weather has been warm and there's not lots of decorations or Christmas music and shopping shoved down my throat. So, its been kind of nice to be away from the hoopla. On Christmas day we will go to another basketball game and then have kind of a potluck dinner with friends. It should be a good time!
I've also decided to stay in Korea until August. It will give me time to save some more money and hopefully see a little more of the country. I really enjoy teaching and I just don't feel ready to wind down yet.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment