Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Weekend

Friday I had to go to the hospital to get blood taken and pee in a cup. I had a mini-anxiety attack and started to cry a bit just because it was a quite informal process and the hospital was dirty, dingy and unsanitary. There was a box full of bloody bandages! It was awful. Hopefully I will never have to visit another hospital here. Friday night I had my first bottle of Soju. Soju is the drink of Korea and it's basically watered down vodka. It's not terrible, but it's not good either. I drank a lot of it and was quite drunk and ended up staying out till about 4 am, but I had no hangover! I think the next time I go out, I will drink Soju again. Saturday we went to Busan to go to the beach. The beach is probably the best place to people watch, I have seen the most ridiculous things. The Koreans don't wear bathing suits (usually). They were all their clothes, shirts, jeans, shoes. But some Koreans wear teeny tiny speedos. And some wear boxers and a top hat. Anyway, we went to this giant department store and I left my phone in the bathroom there. We got on the subway to go home and one stop in I realized I had left it. We had to go back which meant buying more subway tickets, so instead we jumped the turnstiles. I got back to the bathroom, but the phone was gone. I went to ask the information desk but they didnt really understand and I left there with no hope of my phone showing up. Well maybe about 10 minutes after I had left, someone found my phone and called the last person I had called, my co-teacher Steven. Steven ended up having to go all the way to Busan to get my phone for me! It was much more complicated and drawn out, but it's too much to write.
Tonight we went for "bbq" at the New Zealand BBQ place. It was spicy, as is most Korean food, and we were served baked potatoes with whip cream on them! No butter, just whip cream, so weird.

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure that boxers and top hats should become the international standard for beach attire. Love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete