Thursday, July 29, 2010

White Water Rafting, Korean style

Steven, Megan, two Korean friends and I went white water rafting on Wednesday. We took buses for two hours to reach our destination. After a light lunch, we were lifejacked, helmeted and paddled, we were ready. I was a little nervous about falling out of the boat when going through the rapids, turns out I didnt have much to worry about. The "rapids" were barely waves in the river, the scariest part was almost hitting rocks. But, we had an amazing time! It rained all day so it wasn't hot and actually being in the water was warmer than wet on the boat. Our guide was awesome (and cute!) and we were his first foreign rafters. I'm sure we left a grand impression! We were in the water almost as much as rafting, our guide thought it was really funny to push us in the water or play games which ended with all of us in the water. We also stopped to jump off some rocks. My fear of heights almost got me, but I sucked it up and jumped about 10 feet off a rock! The area that we rafted was beautiful, mountains on all sides and covered in a light fog from the rain. For a minute it almost looked like West Virginia, until a Korean house or temple peeked through. I dont know if this trip prepared me for rapids at home, but I definitely want to give it a try!
Today we are going to see Inception and maybe to the beach tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Nice trip ^_^. just enjoy everything that you do. i was also like you when i had my first rafting ^_^. i was scared because it rained that day. but the guide told us that it will be more challenging and adventurous because the current is more stronger..nice blog, keep on posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll have to plan a rafting trip when you get home! I had a great time in PA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes sarah we should! val said something about it also. i think she has been before with Dave C.

    ReplyDelete