Saturday, June 12, 2010

more mountains and the world cup




The pictures above are from a park in Changwon called Yongji Lake. It's a huge man made lake with a big fountain in the middle. At night the fountains dance to music and there's a light show! I plan to go this week some night. There's a small mountain at this park that is good for hiking, it has trails, not just steps straight up to the top! Also at the park was a group of people spread out playing some sort of small instrument, it was very odd. The first picture is a couple playing the instruments, its not a great picture because I didnt want to be too obvious and embarrass them!We also went to this huge round about in the center of the city where a stage was set up and there were some performers, singers and drummers. They are showing the World Cup tonight outside on a giant TV, its the first Korea game. There were tents everywhere selling Korea World Cup shirts and everyone was in an excited mood. Many of the stores and all the bars were closed today. It's very unlike the US where people go to bars to watch games. Here it seems people stay home or were getting together in the roundabout to watch it on huge tvs. It's a good way to bring the whole city together.



On Friday, my neighbor and I walked to the library where there supposedly are english books. I couldn't find any,but I am going to ask my director at school what floor they are on. So we kept walking and ended up climbing a mountain right in the middle of the city! The pictures above are from the top. We tried out all the excercise equipment too.
Things are still going well, work was better this week than last. I really like the kids and they seem to like me back.
More later!












1 comment:

  1. Great blog! This is Ilona's husband Eric. I'm glad you're enjoying it there. Be sure to write more!

    ReplyDelete