Sunday, June 20, 2010

Saturday Max and I rode our bikes to City 7, a giant mall in Changwon, to visit our friend Andy. It was supposed to take us about 20 minutes to get to City 7, but it ended up taking about 1.5 hours. I was exhausted, sweaty and hot. We were lost for so long, it was very frustrating, but we finally made it! The mall is huge and it's actually apartments, offices, restaurants and a mall, its kind of like a mini-city itself. The tigers below are just giant white tiger sculptures outside the mall. The flower ball is another giant sculpture that was so pretty!



































After City 7, we went back to Yongji Lake to watch the fountain/light show. It was SO awesome! I'm so glad I got to go. Music plays and the fountain dances and there's a light show. One of the songs they played was by the Mama's and the Papa's, it was pretty random! This pic below is a movie on the fountain water of an ice skater.
















After the light show, we went to Noribong. Noribong is basically a private room for karaoke. You rent the room by the hour and sing and drink! I don't sing and I didn't drink too much, but I was recruited to dance and sing to YMCA.

After the Noribong we went to O'Brien's, a foreigner bar. It's almost all foreigners at the bar. It was really bizarre to see all white faces and only a few Koreans. Everyone I was with had a great time, I left about 2 I think and attempted to ride my bike home, yeah, I won't be doing that again! Luckily there weren't too many people on the streets, because I definately would have taken out at least one person. My other friends stayed a lot longer, Max actually never made it home and slept on a park bench! I really hope to always get home, I'm way too old to be sleeping outside!
Sunday has been a pretty lazy day, I'm still exhausted after my ridiculously long day yesterday.
Happy Father's Day!










1 comment:

  1. LOVE the flower sculpture! LOVE the bike and basket! You must take sophie for a ride in it (post pictures please!). So glad you're enjoying your adventure!

    ReplyDelete