Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Climbing Mountains
















So when I thought I was climbing a mountain this morning, I thought it would be a winding trail up a mountain, right? NOPE. It was literally a path straight up a mountain! Straight up. seriously. Sometimes there were wooden steps to help with the steepness, but they don't really help. And it was hot today, so I whined a lot. I honestly didnt think I'd make it all the way, but I did! And so did Sophie, of course, because she's a champ and I'm a baby. At the top of the mountain was a bunch of exercise equipment, including pull up bars, parallel bars and hula hoops. yes, hula hoops. We were passed while walking up the trail by many Koreans wearing work slacks and carrying lunch bags. So they climb a mountain at lunch, barely breaking a sweat, eat, then climb back down and continue working! That's their secret, the reason they are slim and healthy! One older man at the top of the mountain was gesturing that he wanted to pet Sophie, so he started petting her than patted her sides and made a spoon into the mouth motion. I thought he wanted to eat her, but I guess he was telling me she was fat. Nice.





For dinner we went to a restaurant where you actually cook your meat over a fire in the center of the table. It was pretty awesome and very tasty. We also went to McDonalds and got 30 cent ice cream cones, everything is super cheap here. The steaks were only $7.





So far so good, I'm happy here and I feel comfortable. People are not staring at me like I thought they would, it seems I'm blending right in.

4 comments:

  1. Poor Sophie! I don't think she's fat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks Michelle! she's been on a very strict diet, she lost 4 pounds before we came. i guess she might need to lose about two more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need you to name the people in the pictures so I know who is who please :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh sorry. the guy in the middle is steven, hes been here for about three months i think, he lives with his girlfriend megan (not pictured). the other boy is max, he started the same time as me. oh and that crazy dog is...SOPHIE!

    ReplyDelete